George Bowles and Mary Tyler
my honorary 4 x gt grandparents
George, son of Richard and Ann Bowles, was baptized at Marden in 1766.
Mary was born in Linton to John and Mary Tyler but baptized at Boughton Monchelsea in 1779, and probably spent much of her childhood in East Farleigh.
They were married at East Farleigh in December 1798, but lived in Chart Sutton, and then Boughton Monchelsea.
View of the River Medway at East Farleigh as George and Mary would have known it
with the church in the background.
In 1841 seventy five year old George was a labourer,
but I have a copy of a newspaper article about his grandson James, a blacksmith, which says that James'
father and grandfather before him were also smiths.
Children of George and Mary:
- George 1798-. . . . . . Waggoner, mar Sarah. Descendants
- John 1801-1864 . . . . mar Mary Harris
- Anne 1802- . . . . . . . mar George Burr
- Mary 1806-
- William 1806-1806
- Elizabeth 1807- . . . . mar Henry Burr
- William 1810- . . . . . mar Ann Taylor, Descendants
- Richard, born 1813, bap 1819-
- Jane bap 1819 . . . . . mar 1, George Pike, 2, James Parker
Page last updated: