Henry Escott and Mary Sully
my 5 x gt grandparents
Henry's first marriage was to Joan Circel at St Decuman's on 27 January 1712.
They had four children baptised at Old Cleeve between 1712-1719 and Joan was buried there on 7th May 1727.
The gap between her youngest child and her death may indicate that she had been ill for some time.
Henry's second marriage was to Mary Sully at Old Cleeve on 4 February 1728/29.
There are four possible Mary Sully's:
Henry was buried at Old Cleeve on 14 June 1778 and Mary on 20 Aug 1780.
- Mary Sully dau of John and Edith born 11 Nov and bapt at St Decuman's on 02 Dec 1701.
She would have been 27 at marriage in 1728/9.
- Mary Sully dau of Henry and Grace born 19 Jan bapt 15 Feb 1705 at St Decuman's
She would have been 23 at marriage in 1728/9.
- Mary Sully dau of William and Joane bapt 26 Dec 1708 at St Decuman's.
She would have been 20 at marriage in 1728/29.
- Mary Sully bapt at Leighland St Giles (Old Cleve) 20 March 1710 dau of George & Mary.
She would have been 18 at marriage in 1728/29
|Children of Henry & Joan
- John bapt 29 Oct 1712
- Mary bapt 07 Oct 1714
- Henry bapt 20 Feb 1716/7, bur 19 Apr 1724
- Joan bapt17 June 1719
Children of Henry & Mary
- Elizabeth bapt 3 Sept 1729, buried 12 Feb 1758, unmarried
- Sarah bapt 28 Mar 1731
- Ann bapt 01 Nov 1732
- Henry bapt 9 Sep 1734
- William bapt 22 Jan 1737/8
- Margarett bapt 02 March 1739/40
- Hugh bapt 10 Apr 1743
Old Cleeve church where Henry and Mary are buried
Page last updated: