Card for Arachne 2009 Christmas Exchange
Sent to Laura Sandiman in USA
- An A5 size card with oval aperture cut using the largest Spellbinders Nestability plain oval die.
- Acetate stuck behind the aperture to make a window
- Holographic peel-off tree sticker stuck onto the front of the acetate and coloured from behind using permanent felt-tip pens.
- Lace edging stuck to the card with Pritt Stick on the pink ground area of the lace leaving the metallic fans free; this allows the fans to stand proud of the card.
- A few bits of peel-off stickers added for embellishment.
- The torchon lace edging was drawn using Adobe Illustrator.
- I drew just two pattern repeats which I used to make a pattern brush tool.
- Then I drew an oval shap with that pattern brush. It was a bit of trial and error to get the oval shape to match the oval aperture.
- The pattern requires 11 pairs of bobbins; 9 pairs of Amann Sylko and two pairs of Madeira Metallic 40.